We at AICL, recognises people as its most important asset and is committed to provide a safe and healthy work environment for those working on and visiting our operations. Management at all levels will be responsible and will be held accountable for the occupational health and safety performance of the Company. At the same time it is the duty of every employee to work in a safe manner so as not to endanger himself and his colleagues at the work place and during travel.
Accordingly, the aim of the company is to prevent injuries and occupational ill health through the following actions
- Develop and design processes and plants which, as far as is reasonably practicable, and encompassing all available knowledge and information, are safe and without risk to health.
- Operate and maintain plants within the designated safety criteria throughout their working life.
- Develop, introduce and maintain safety and health management systems across the Company to meet company standards as well as statutory requirements for health and safety and verify compliance with these standards through regular auditing.
- Set annual improvement objectives and targets and review these to ensure that these are being met at the individual unit and Head office.
- Involve all employees in the implementation of this policy and provide appropriate training.
- Provide for appropriate dissemination of information on safety and health at work through suitable communication networks both within the company and with external bodies.